From Vincent Hennebert <vhenneb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: got the exception when generating PDF from FO file
Date Tue, 13 Jan 2009 10:56:53 GMT
Hi Matt,

Matt Dong wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thanks for your guys help.
>
> But We tried the test, it still didn't work. I attached our fop config file, could you
please see if something wrong over there?

You better specify an absolute path for the <base> element. If you
specify a relative path, it is resolved against the directory you are in
when running the command, which may lead to unpredictable results.

It would probably be more intuitive if it were resolved against the base
uri of the config file (and more in line with the specification of URIs
as well); what do others think?

> Thanks,
> Matt

Is there any update for it?  Thanks in advance.

>> We got the convertFo2Pdf failed exception when using FO file to generate the PDF
file.

>> The problem is that we try to use ARIALUNI.TTF font and set it In the fop.xconf file.
When generating the PDF file, we get the exception. But if there is no font setting in the
fop.xconf, no exception happen.

> Did you set the <font-base> element to the right value? See here:
> http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/0.95/configuration.html#general-elements
>
> If that doesn’t work we are going to need more informations:
> - in which directory is the font?
> - in which directory is the config file?
> - in which directory are you when you run the FOP command?
>

> Note that with FOP 0.95 you usually don’t need to generate XML metrics
> any more. So you can remove the metrics-url attribute below.
>

>> The following is the setting in the fop.xconf config file,

>> We have the ARIALUNI.TTF and arialuni.xml and save them in the correct directory.

>> The exception only happens on fop.jar (0.95), but change back to fop.jar(0.93) works
fine. We also tried the latest fop.jar 0.95 which generated from FOP trunk, but still got
the exception.

>> Message: convertFo2Pdf failed.
>> org.apache.fop.apps.FOPException: Failed to resolve font with embed-url 'ARIALUNI.TTF'

>> UserMessage: convertFo2Pdf failed
>> org.apache.fop.apps.FOPException: Failed to resolve font with embed-url 'ARIALUNI.TTF'

>>   38 org.apache.fop.util.LogUtil handleError LogUtil.java
>>   275 org.apache.fop.render.PrintRendererConfigurator getFontInfoFromConfiguration
PrintRendererConfigurator.java
>>   207 org.apache.fop.render.PrintRendererConfigurator buildFontListFromConfiguration
PrintRendererConfigurator.java
>>   95 org.apache.fop.render.PrintRendererConfigurator configure PrintRendererConfigurator.java

>>   71 org.apache.fop.render.pdf.PDFRendererConfigurator configure PDFRendererConfigurator.java

>>   187 org.apache.fop.render.RendererFactory createRenderer RendererFactory.java
>>   68 org.apache.fop.area.RenderPagesModel <init> RenderPagesModel.java
>>   127 org.apache.fop.area.AreaTreeHandler setupModel AreaTreeHandler.java
>>   102 org.apache.fop.area.AreaTreeHandler <init> AreaTreeHandler.java
>>   224 org.apache.fop.render.RendererFactory createFOEventHandler RendererFactory.java

>>   100 org.apache.fop.fo.FOTreeBuilder <init> FOTreeBuilder.java
>>   100 org.apache.fop.apps.Fop createDefaultHandler Fop.java
>>   78 org.apache.fop.apps.Fop <init> Fop.java
>>   247 org.apache.fop.apps.FopFactory newFop FopFactory.java
>>

>> Thanks,
>>
>> Matt Dong

HTH,
Vincent