From Vincent Hennebert <vhenneb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: multicolumn with headline
Date Mon, 19 Jan 2009 11:18:06 GMT
Hi Georg,

Georg Datterl wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> I guess I need your help again. I have a 3-column page layout containing a table. And
I have a headline which should be printed on every page, but not every column:

> headline...
>
> TH TH   TH TH   TH  TH
> 1a 1b   5a 5b   9a  9b
> 2a 2b   6a 6b   10a 10b
> 3a 3b   7a 7b   11a 11b
> 4a 4b   8a 8b   12a 12b
>
> Now the easiest solution would be: Put "headline..." in the header. Problem: If the header
has more lines than one, it flows into the body content.

> Having a main table with "headline..." in the table header and the actual table in the
table body solves that problem, but then the 3-column flow is lost, since I don't know how
many rows fit on a page and therefore I don't know whether the first entry in the second column
is 5a/5b or maybe 6a/6b. and of course that depends on the headline height, too.

> Next, I tried a table with two header rows, one containing "headline..." and the other
one TH/TH. Is there a way to suppress a header row in the second and third column?

> Ideas, anyone?

I have the feeling this is a job for markers, but I’ve never played with
markers myself. Maybe something like this: put a marker containing the
headline in every cell, and a retrieve-marker with
retrieve-boundary="page".
Hope this shows you the path to a solution.

Vincent