From Ulrich Mayring <u...@denic.de>
Subject Re: How to tell which XML parser Fop 0.95 is using?
Date Thu, 08 Jan 2009 09:56:39 GMT
Jeremias Maerki wrote:
> Currently, FOP uses the default JAXP factories. We talked once about
> making this configurable but nobody has taken the time, yet.

I don't think it is necessary to make the factories configurable within FOP,
any user program embedding FOP can do this. Also, the properties can be set
on the command line for calling FOP directly.

However, knowing the factory will not tell me anything about the actual
implementation version being used. I guess I can instantiate the factories
myself and hope that FOP does it the same way... but it would be better to
ask FOP directly which parser it uses.

Ulrich