From Ulrich Mayring <u...@denic.de>
Subject Some FOP font warnings...
Date Tue, 13 Jan 2009 18:15:13 GMT
I am getting this when using a Dingbats font and rendering to PDF:

WARNING: Substituted specified hyphenation character (0x2d) with 0x20 because
the font doesn't have the specifiedhyphenation character: Dingbats,normal,400

Kind of weird, since the line is very short and hyphenation seems neither
necessary, nor is it configured. What does this warning mean? The generated
PDF looks fine, though.

If I render the same FO to PS, then I do not get this warning, but instead
two others:

WARNING: Font 'NimbusSansCondensed,normal,400' not found. Substituting with
'any,normal,400'.
WARNING: Font 'Dingbats,normal,400' not found. Substituting with
'any,normal,400'.

The dingbats character (0x274F - a checkbox icon) is actually missing in the
PS and the Nimbus Sans Condensed font is replaced by Times.

If anyone wants to look, I can send a Zip, which contains the FO file, my
fop.xconf and the fonts used (they're from the Ghostscript distribution, so I
think it's ok to send them around).

Ulrich