From Steve Ebersole <st...@hibernate.org>
Subject Re: Font registration
Date Wed, 08 Apr 2009 17:00:45 GMT
Found the problem here.  The font I choose to test with is part of
a .ttc collection.  FontInfoFinder is not liking that at all:

Attempting to resolve font :
file:/home/steve/projects/sandbox/jdocbook/target/docbook/staging/fonts/uming.ttc

INFO: This is a TrueType collection file with 4 fonts
INFO: Containing the following fonts:
INFO: AR PL UMing CN
INFO: AR PL UMing HK
INFO: AR PL UMing TW
INFO: AR PL UMing TW MBE

Apr 8, 2009 11:23:18 AM org.apache.fop.fonts.autodetect.FontInfoFinder
find
SEVERE: Unable to load font file:
file:/home/steve/projects/sandbox/jdocbook/target/docbook/staging/fonts/uming.ttc. Reason:
For TrueType collection you must specify which font to select (-ttcname)

Interestingly, the code Jason showed me has FontInfoFinder.find
returning an array of EmbedFontInfos, whereas the version of FOP I am
using 0.95 returns just a single EmbedFontInfo.  Perhaps this is a
change in trunk to handle just this font-collection issue?  If not, is
there something I am missing?

--
Steve Ebersole <steve@hibernate.org>
Hibernate.org