From Al Dancer <reggaeper...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: create PDF file using ExampleFO2PDF.java
Date Thu, 16 Apr 2009 13:49:04 GMT
Hello,

AFAIK, the servlet on my Tomcat server doesn't create the PDF file on my server,
it just shows the PDF in the browser.

after sending a request :
http://myhost.com:8080/fop/fop?fo=/opt/coolstack/fop/foo.fo
I see the PDF file, but there's no filename foo.pdf created on myhost.com
All I want is to see the PDF file in the client's browser and to have the PDF file created
on the server's side.

regards,

Al

--- On Thu, 4/16/09, Sam Fuqua <samfuqua@gmail.com> wrote:

From: Sam Fuqua <samfuqua@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: create PDF file using ExampleFO2PDF.java
To: fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org
Date: Thursday, April 16, 2009, 6:32 AM

Though I haven't used PHP for this, is there any reason why you can't
simply use the example as a servlet on your Tomcat server?  It would
be very easy to pass the location of the fo to the servlet if that's
what you're trying to do, rather than use php to make Java calls.
Though you probably have your reasons.

--
Sam Fuqua
ΣΝ ΘΗ 454