From Andreas Delmelle <andreas.delme...@telenet.be>
Subject Re: Table border rendered by 0.95
Date Thu, 02 Apr 2009 18:19:06 GMT
On 02 Apr 2009, at 11:24, ajit kulkarni wrote:

> I am in the process of upgrading my FOP from 0.20.5 to 0.95.
>
> While doing so I am coming across a wired problem. I am using
> "solid" border of "0.2mm" thickness on table cells. But it is not
> getting rendered as fine as what it used to in 0.20.5.
>
> I am attaching 2 pdf files rendered by FOP 0.20.5 and 0.95.
>
> Kindly look both pdf files @ 50% zoom for clear understanding of the
> problem, the borders looks like if they are having different
> thickness.

I see differences too, but the file produced by 0.95 (according to the
file name) actually shows much finer borders at a zoom of 50%. I do
know that borders are drawn differently in 0.95. Does the difference
persist if you send the document to the printer? If not, then check if
the viewer has 'Smooth Line Art' enabled (for Adobe Reader, this
option is found in the preferences).

> Please let me know the cause of the same.

Another possible cause (long shot) could be that FOP 0.95 supports
border-collapse="collapse". Try forcing the table to use border-
collapse="separate" and see if that produces a different effect.

HTH!

Andreas