From Andreas Delmelle <andreas.delme...@telenet.be>
Subject Re: Error occurred during initialization of VM
Date Thu, 02 Apr 2009 19:18:14 GMT
On 02 Apr 2009, at 21:03, Andreas Delmelle wrote:

> On 02 Apr 2009, at 20:54, bonekrusher wrote:
>

>> Thanks - I am running windows - The problem is that Java doenst
>> even start -
>> so i cant see what is happening in task manager....
>

> Oh, what I meant was: see if you have enough memory to begin with.
> Is there 1056MB free RAM available, or are you perhaps already using
> 80% before Java is even started? If yes, then that would explain why
> java.exe cannot allocate enough memory for the heap.

Just thought of another possibility: in server environments, the RAM
on one single machine is typically shared by different users. Maybe a
policy is enabled on that particular machine that would place
restrictions on the amount of memory that can be used by one account
at any given time?

I'm suddenly realizing that my earlier remark is not correct. It would
only cause a lot of swapping, but should not lead to JVM
initialization errors, IIC...

Regards

Andreas