From Al Dancer <reggaeper...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: create PDF file using ExampleFO2PDF.java
Date Fri, 17 Apr 2009 08:20:36 GMT
Hello,

I've tried the following PHP script:

www:root>vi ExampleFO2PDF.php
------------
<?php
  require_once('java/Java.inc');

  $basedir = new Java("java.io.File", ".");
  $outdir = new Java("java.io.File", "out");
  $outdir->mkdirs();

  $fofile = new Java("java.io.File", $basedir, "helloworld.fo");
  $pdffile = new Java("java.io.File", $outdir, "ResultFO2PDF.pdf");

  echo "Input: ".$fofile->toString()."\n";
  echo "Output: ".$pdffile->toString()."\n";

  $myObject = new Java("embedding.ExampleFO2PDF");
  $myObject->convertFO2PDF($fofile, $pdffile);
?>
---------
When I run : java embedding.ExampleFO2PDF
it's OK:

FOP ExampleFO2PDF

Preparing...
Input: XSL-FO (./xml/fo/helloworld.fo)
Output: PDF (./out/ResultFO2PDF.pdf)
Transforming...

PageSequence <no id> generated 1 pages.
PageSequence <no id> generated 1 pages.
Generated 2 pages in total.
Success!

But when I send a request:
http://myhost.com/embedding/ExampleFO2PDF.php

I've got error in PHP error log: phperror.log
---------
[17-Apr-2009 10:10:11] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught [[o:Exception]:"java.lang.Exception: CreateInstance
failed: new embedding.ExampleFO2PDF. Cause: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: embedding.ExampleFO2PDF
VM: 1.6.0_10@http://java.sun.com/" at:

The class embedding.ExampleFO2PDF does exist, and is in the right place (in the directory
$CLASSPATH).

Could someone give a hint about how to make this script working, please?

Al