From Andreas Delmelle <andreas.delme...@telenet.be>
Subject Re: source-resolution and px unit
Date Thu, 09 Apr 2009 20:03:28 GMT
On 09 Apr 2009, at 20:42, Jeremias Maerki wrote:

FWIW:

Peter also mailed me off-list, and as I replied to him, I think this
may have been my 'fault' (?)

At one point, I used both source- and target-resolution to determine
the 'absolute' value for a pixel. This leads to: 1px * 300/72
(assuming nothing special is done with target-resolution), which
roughly makes a value specified in 'px' 4 times larger in the output,
just like a high-res image that would be converted to a rasterized
graphic.
A perfectly logical result, but perhaps a bit hard to explain to the
average user...

Now, I'm starting to think this may not have been such a good idea (as
the source-resolution is actually used for images without embedded
resolution)

Suggestions and feedback most welcome.

Regards

Andreas