From Andreas Delmelle <andreas.delme...@telenet.be>
Subject Re: Table Width Problem -- Expands Beyond the Page, Column Widths Are Ignored
Date Tue, 07 Apr 2009 16:48:54 GMT
On 07 Apr 2009, at 17:36, Egor Malyshev wrote:

Hi

> Somebody please help me. I am stuck with this problem -- FOP 0.95
> renders
> table that expands beyond the rightmost edge of the page. And, to
> make life
> even more miserable, it completely ignores the column widths I am
> specifying.

<snip />

> <fo:table table-layout="fixed" border-collapse="collapse">
> <fo:table-column column-width="120mm" column-number="1"/>
> <fo:table-column column-width="120mm" column-number="2"/>

The columns are 12cm each here. Two columns equals 24cm. Do you have
enough room available on the page? Do you perhaps expect the table to
be broken in inline-progression-direction? If so, that is not yet
implemented in FOP at the moment.

Note also:

> <fo:table-cell padding="5pt">
>    <fo:block-container overflow="hidden" width="120">
>       <fo:block-container>
> 	  <fo:block font-weight="bold" color="white">Icon</fo:block>
>       </fo:block-container>
>    </fo:block-container>

The block-container will be only 120 *pixels* wide. Since you don't
specify a unit, FOP will assume you mean 'px', which in case of PDF
output means 'pt', or 1/72in.
At any rate, in most cases this will be much less than 120mm...

HTH!

Andreas