From Andreas Delmelle <andreas.delme...@telenet.be>
Subject Re: Table border rendered by 0.95
Date Fri, 03 Apr 2009 21:17:30 GMT
On 03 Apr 2009, at 16:03, ajit kulkarni wrote:

FWIW: see attachment for a view of the PDF you attached, in Adobe
Reader 9 on Mac. No such effect there, so it's clearly related to the
viewer, hardware and/or OS. I do vaguely remember seeing the exact
same effect in earlier versions of Reader on the same platform (but
could be mistaken).

If I open it with Preview, I get a different effect, and at very high
zoom, I can clearly see the different parts the border consists of.
It's like they are separated by an extremely thin white line. See
second attachment. In Reader, I can easily zoom from 10% to 6400% and
get a solid black line without any glitch whatsoever.

If I judge correctly, then you are already using border-
collapse="separate". I remember someone raising an issue about the
border-corners in case the collapsing model is used. At very large
border-widths, we could clearly see 'empty' squares forming at the
corners in some cases. Your sample file seems to be using the border-
painting that corresponds to separated borders.

I'm afraid there's really little you or we can do about that. On our
end, that means: apart from refactoring the border-painting to produce
consolidated long lines, instead of numerous smaller ones, as happens
now. There may even be no solution that would not cause any such
glitch in all possible viewers, on all possible platforms, for every
screen/printer...

Regards

Andreas