From Chris Bowditch <bowditch_ch...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Polish fonts in Postscript
Date Tue, 14 Apr 2009 09:27:19 GMT
W17chM4n wrote:

> Hi !

It looks like you are using FOP Trunk? Is it a recent version?

> Well I have a problem with forcing FOP (trunk) to print to postscript and
> properly display polish fonts using Arial (ttf2pt1). The problem occurs in
> two ways. First - when I don`t generate any font metrics I receive PS with
> random chars like %,$,#,! in the places when even normal (not ś, ą, ć etc.)
> letters should appear. Second - when I have font metrics, PS looks all right
> but instead of polish characters, I get #.

The problem maybe because you use a font metrics file. That step was
deprecated a while ago. If the metrics were generated with the -enc ansi
option then glyphs outside the ANSI range such as Polish glyphs can't be
referenced. My advice is to remove the reference to the metrics file
from your fop.xconf file and try to generate the PS again.

Thanks,

Chris