From Chris Bowditch <bowditch_ch...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: How to create version 2.0 PS files
Date Thu, 02 Apr 2009 15:38:27 GMT
Frank Niedermann wrote:

> Hi Chris,

Hi Frank,

> thanks for clarification now I understand.
>
> I gave the resulting PostScript file to our printer manufacturer (Ricoh) and
> they told me that the printers are returning a configuration error:
>
> OFFENDING COMMAND: setpagedevice
> ERRORINFO: Key = /PageSize Value = arraytpe
> STACK: dicttype

That error seems to indicate that the Printer doesn't like the Page Size
specified. Make sure the dimensions assigned to your simple page master
match the paper size supported by the Printer, i.e. if the Printer has a
Letter sized paper source but you specified A4 dimensions 297mmx210mm in
the simple-page-master then this cause could this type of error.

> We plan to replace an old LaTeX environment with Apache FOP, and the
> PostScript files generated by LaTeX print without an error on the printers.
>
> Do I need the setpagedevice in the PostScript file and if not, is there a
> way to disable the generation of this command in FOP?

Regards,

Chris

<snip/>