From Manuel Mall ...@arcus.com.au>
Subject RE: Table border rendered by 0.95
Date Fri, 03 Apr 2009 10:24:05 GMT
I think this is simply a monitor resolution issue. I printed the pdf on my
not particularly good laser printer and it comes out fine. It also looks
fine in Adobe Reader when zooming in. Some simplified calculations: On my
460mm wide monitor set to is max resolution of 1680 horizontal I get roughly
3.6 pixels per mm or a pixel corresponds to ~0.27mm. So Adobe Reader will do
some interpolation, grey values, ... to display something less than a pixel
wide as your border would be. Which is probably what you are seeing (I
certainly do).

Manuel

  _____

From: ajit kulkarni [mailto:askajit@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, 3 April 2009 4:59 PM
To: fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org
Cc: andreas.delmelle@telenet.be
Subject: Re: Table border rendered by 0.95

Hey Andreas,

Thanks a ton for your concern, I really am thankful to u.

1. 'Smooth Line Art' Option is enabled in my acrobat reader.

2. Separate model is really not suitable for me as it will need lot of
redesigning. (I am using XSLT for to generate fo data).

To make is clearer, I have attached 3 files.

.pdf and corresponding .fo file to illustrate the problem and a jpg file
showing the exact concern.

Please go through them and kindly suggest if I can modify anything to get
the width of the border as uniform as what it used to be in 0.20.5.

--- Thanks and Regards,
Ajit Kulkarni.

On Thu, Apr 2, 2009 at 11:49 PM, Andreas Delmelle