From Passero <yannick.ong...@telenet.be>
Subject Can not create large PDF using XSL FO
Date Mon, 27 Jul 2009 11:54:46 GMT

I have this XML that is generated on the fly that i use to create a PDF. Most
of the time it works fine. The generation of the XML is no problem, even
when it's big it works fine.
Now i have this XML that is over 4MB and when i try to generate a PDF from
it i always get the error i show below.

I've done some research on the Page-sequence error and it seems that it is a
bad error handling and the real cause is somewere swallowed by SAX or so. I
also read in the FAQ that i should add my own errorListener to the
transformer so i can get more info. I have done this but i still get the
same errormessages. I don't get any more info.

When i brake the large XML in peaces and let the engine generate sperate PDF
files, everything is working fine. I have tested this on both embedded use.
So a simple .java that transforms the XML using XSL into PDF and with a
servlet on our application server. Both the same error on large files...

I also notice that in the output that the FOP logging sometimes prints out
the pagenumber he is creating. When i notice that he is at +/- 300 he
suddenly jumps back to 1 and then  the error occurs. I don't know if my
interpretation is correct for this but i just want to mention a lot as
possible because i don't see any solution myself...

javax.xml.transform.TransformerException: org.xml.sax.SAXException:
Mismatch: page-sequence (http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Format) vs. root
(http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Format)

	at
org.apache.xalan.templates.ElemLiteralResult.execute(ElemLiteralResult.java:725)

	at
org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerImpl.executeChildTemplates(TransformerImpl.java:2339)

	at
org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerImpl.applyTemplateToNode(TransformerImpl.java:2160)

	at
org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerImpl.transformNode(TransformerImpl.java:1213)

	at
org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerImpl.transform(TransformerImpl.java:668)

	at
org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerImpl.transform(TransformerImpl.java:1129)

	at
org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerImpl.transform(TransformerImpl.java:1108)

	at be.contribute.client.Test.main(Test.java:85)

Caused by: org.xml.sax.SAXException: Mismatch: page-sequence
(http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Format) vs. root
(http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Format)

	at
org.apache.fop.fo.FOTreeBuilder$MainFOHandler.endElement(FOTreeBuilder.java:342)

	at org.apache.fop.fo.FOTreeBuilder.endElement(FOTreeBuilder.java:169)

	at
org.apache.xalan.transformer.ResultTreeHandler.endElement(ResultTreeHandler.java:309)

	at
org.apache.xalan.templates.ElemLiteralResult.execute(ElemLiteralResult.java:716)

	... 7 more

---------