From Chris Bowditch <bowditch_ch...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: generating postscript files (fonts not embedding correctly?)
Date Thu, 10 Sep 2009 16:20:44 GMT
Martin Edge wrote:
> Hi Guys,

Hi Martin,

> This is probably something i'm doing very wrong, but I am attempting to
> generate postscript files, and no matter what I do I seem to get gibberish
> (assuming because the fonts are not embedded properly (the file size is too
> small for that))
>
> I have attached my config, my FO test file and my postscript output..
>
> Can someone spot what i'm doing wrong?

The key thing to remember with Postscript output is that True type Fonts
are not supported. You have to get a Type1 variant to use it with
Postscript. Since your fop.xconf only references font directories I
couldn't easily tell if that is the problem in your case as I don't know
if you have any True Type Fonts there.

Chris