From Chris Bowditch <bowditch_ch...@hotmail.com>
Subject Compiling FOP with GCJ (was Re: Unnecessary overhead when running Apache FOP via command line)
Date Thu, 07 Jan 2010 14:02:31 GMT
Peter Hopfgartner wrote:

Hi Peter,

Is your suggestion about GCJ a bid to improve performance, or it is a
new question unrelated to the original thread. If the latter, please
start a a new thread in future.

> Would it make sense to try to compile fop with gcj? Does anybody have
> any experience with that? Is it supposed to work, now?

I don't believe it is currently possible to compile FOP with GCJ. There
were some discussions about this previously [1] Last year one of my
fellow committers started a Wiki page on the problems with GCJ here [2]

> Regards,
>
> Peter

Thanks,

Chris