From "Igor Rosenberg" <igor.rosenb...@atosresearch.eu>
Subject RE: Absolute position of original text in final PDF
Date Tue, 12 Jan 2010 12:18:23 GMT
Hello,
Does anyone know how to go down the Area Tree, looking for specific elements (in my case Blocks),
and managing to infer the element's x and y coordinates?
The Area Tree is truly complicated - it's hierarchical, is there any way of going down all
the nodes, without having to know precisely what the Node's class is?
Regards
Igor

-----Original Message-----
From: Georg Datterl [mailto:georg.datterl@geneon.de]
Sent: martes, 12 de enero de 2010 10:40
To: fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org
Subject: AW: Absolute position of original text in final PDF

Hi Igor,

since you already work with the area tree, try this: Don't autogenerate the id but give each
text in your XML a unique id. Set this id as the block id. Now in the area tree you can find
the block which contains your text (prod-id is your id). This block has a width (ipd) and
a height (bpd) as well as your id (prod-id). Now for the positioning, I have not yet done
that and a fast try did not give me a clear picture, but worst case you can fake the horizontal
starting point by knowing the left margin and calculating the vertical starting point by adding
the bpd of previous blocks in the area tree. But I guess, those who know the area tree better,
may have a better solution for that.

Regards,

Georg Datterl

------ Kontakt ------