From Gregory Buchenberger <gr...@eightfoldconsulting.com>
Subject Re: Unnecessary overhead when running Apache FOP via command line
Date Wed, 06 Jan 2010 19:23:43 GMT
Ville,

Adding more memory to the Java virtual machine seems to help. run the
java command with something like:

 java -Xms128m -Xmx768m -jar path/to/build/fop.jar <arguments>

The -Xms128m and -Xmx768m options set aside a minimum of 128m RAM and
a maximum of 768m RAM for FOP. I believe the default allocation is
around 64m. Far to little IMO.

Kind Regards,

Gregory Buchenberger, CDIA+, ECMs
Eightfold Consulting