From Georg Datterl <gdatt...@geneon.de>
Subject vertical line (advanced)
Date Mon, 01 Feb 2010 13:11:35 GMT
Hi everybody,

On a two-column layout I want to draw

* a vertical line between the columns
* which is invisible, if content spans both columns
* and is invisible, if the distance between two spanning blocks is smaller than X mm.

At the moment I use a background svg for drawing the line. Blocks which span two columns get
a background-color="white" and overwrite the line. That's fine for the first two requirements,
But if I have two headlines spanning the whole page, separated by a space-before and a space-after,
the headlines overwrite the line, but in the space between the headlines, there's a short
part of the line visible. I guess with the background-image solution, there's nothing I can
do (padding-before and -after would overwrite the line, but then the space resolution would
change). Can you think of a solution that would meet all three requirements?

Regards,

Georg Datterl

------ Kontakt ------

Georg Datterl