From Stepan RYBAR <xryb...@seznam.cz>
Subject How to create Intermediate Format and then PDF on command line?
Date Mon, 01 Feb 2010 16:30:07 GMT
Hello,

I have discovered Apache FOP intermediate format features just now. It looks like this could
solve my problem with custom element based on <fo:page-number/> sent to conference of
Friday, because intermediate format is already "page defined" and editable format, so I guess,
I can easily count preceding-sibling to get absolute page position of current page and change
some value within intermediate format. Am I right?

I guess, that I should be aware to do changes just withing box model of changed element -
to ensure not to overflow its box, am I right?

Another ask - after reading documentation, command-line hints etc. I am able to generate just
only AreaTreeFormat, not the new IntermediateFormat. Could You be so kind and write m two
commands: how to generate IF for ODF output and how to generate PDF from IF?

The last ask - is IntermediateFormat and (or) AreaTreeFormat production ready now or will
be in the near future? Can I rely on it in production environment?

Thank You. Stepan