From ali naqi <ali.n...@coeus-solutions.de>
Subject Re: Custom font issue
Date Fri, 10 Sep 2010 05:53:59 GMT
Okay here are more details.

Front I am trying to use: AvantGarde Md BT. This is Windows TrueType fonts.

My fo file looks like this:

<fo:inline font-family="AvantGarde Md BT" font-size="9pt" font-weight="bold"
color="rgb(135,135,135)">

In config file I have done this:

<renderers>
    <renderer mime="application/pdf">
      <fonts>
weight="normal"/>
<directory>/fop/fop-1.0/fonts</directory>
<directory recursive="true">/fop/fop-1.0/fonts</directory>
<auto-detect/>
      </fonts>

My director structure is this:
/fop/fop-1.0/

Operating system is Mac OS X 10.6.4.
Jave version is 1.6.0_15

I also tried to use matrics file. The commandline to use matrics file was:

java -cp
build/fop.jar:lib/avalon-framework-4.2.0.jar:lib/commons-logging-1.0.4.jar:lib/commons-io-1.3.1.jar:lib/xmlgraphics-commons-1.4.jar
org.apache.fop.fonts.apps.TTFReader -enc ansi /fop/fop-1.0/fonts/AVGARDM.ttf
AVGARDM.xml

I also tried without using -enc ansi parameter.

Furthermore in config file I have also tried kerning=yes parameter.

Looking forward...

Ali Naqi Shaheen
Geschäftsführer

Coeus Solutions GmbH,