From "Eric Douglas" <edoug...@blockhouse.com>
Subject RE: Orientation
Date Wed, 01 Sep 2010 13:46:10 GMT
If I assign the page-height=11" and page-width=8.5" and
reference-orientation=90 it works perfectly, except the PDF and print
preview appear sideways.

If I assign the page-height=8.5" and page-width=11" and
reference-orientation=0 it works for PDF and print preview but really
confuses the printer.  After prompting for paper in the manual feed
tray, the printer prints it landscaped on portrait, so it's running off
the right edge and cutting off the bottom.

There is a workaround for this, but is there a solution?  The most
obvious workaround is to transform it both ways keeping 2 copies in
memory, one for preview and PDF and one for sending to the printer.
This is acceptable only if the transform is a fast process and the
memory usage is small enough where doubling it is not a concern.  I
can't reasonably hold just one or the other in memory if I want to be
able to send it to the printer while the preview is active...

________________________________

From: Stuart Scott [mailto:Stuart.Scott@countrywide.co.uk]
Sent: Wednesday, August 25, 2010 7:00 AM
To: fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org
Subject: RE: Orientation

Hi Eric

I tried mine with option 2 and the landscape page does indeed print out
portrait.

So if you want a landscape page in the middle of portrait pages for
viewing only, option 2 is the better option.  If you want the same to
print only, option 1 is the best.  If you want both I think you have a
problem.

I am not sure if this would be considered a bug or something that could
be considered for a future FOP release.

Are you able to use two separate stylesheets, one using each option?

Kind regards

Stuart Scott