From Adam Kovacs <a.kov...@i-docs.com>
Subject Re: AW: AW: AW: Table with spanned-row-header in 2 columned region-body
Date Thu, 02 Sep 2010 08:31:19 GMT
Hi Georg!

 thanks a lot for the great ideas!
Markers are really my friends... unfortunately I don't know how to use them correct in my
situation.

I cant get the right header to the right page. It must be the configuration of the: retrieve-marker...
(I tried any combination I could...)
	      <fo:retrieve-marker retrieve-class-name="tableHeader"
	                retrieve-position="first-including-carryover"
	                retrieve-boundary="page"/>

I attached my current result. The problems are:
- 1. page there should be no marker...
- 2. page should be red and not blue...
- 3. page blue header missing....

If you can tell me how to use the retrieve marker in this situation it would solve my problem!

Thanks a lot in advance!!!

(attched are again XSL/FO and PDF)

Adam
Using FOP 1.0

On 01.09.2010, at 17:05, Georg Datterl wrote:

> Hi Adam,
>
> In that case the TH1 could be block of its own, spanning both columns, printed once in
front of the table. No problem. I don’t know why I didn’t think of that before. So, your
page would basically look like:
> <header>
>                 <marker area />
> </header>
> <rest of table starting on previous page/>
> <marker content with TH1 for this table/>
> <block keep-with-next=“always“>
> <content of TH1 for next table/>
> </block>
> <content of next table>
> <probably a page break somewhere in here…/>
> <marker content with TH1 for this table/>
>
> Regards,
>
> Georg Datterl
>
> ------ Kontakt ------
>
> Georg Datterl
>
> Geneon media solutions gmbh
> Gutenstetter Straße 8a
> 90449 Nürnberg
>
> HRB Nürnberg: 17193
> Geschäftsführer: Yong-Harry Steiert
>
> Tel.: 0911/36 78 88 - 26
> Fax: 0911/36 78 88 - 20
>
> www.geneon.de

> Willmy Consult & Content GmbH:                 www.willmycc.de

TH1 header....

> Thanks again!
>
> Adam
>
> Hi Adam,
>
> Markers are your friends in that case. Basically your header contains a marker area which
knows of an id. When the page is generated, the header looks for the next (or last, or first)
marker content in the page to pull into the area. You put your marker content at the end of
the table so the marker area always finds the correct content for the first table on the page.
This works perfectly.

> Only problem: If your table ends on a page and a new table starts at the same page. In
that case the new table would miss its first TH1. If that’s the case for your pdf, I have
to forward you to the real experts.  Otherwise, I forward you to fo:marker and its documentation.

> Regards,
>
> Georg Datterl
>
> ------ Kontakt ------
>
> Georg Datterl
>
> Geneon media solutions gmbh
> Gutenstetter Straße 8a
> 90449 Nürnberg
>
> HRB Nürnberg: 17193
> Geschäftsführer: Yong-Harry Steiert
>
> Tel.: 0911/36 78 88 - 26
> Fax: 0911/36 78 88 - 20
>
> www.geneon.de

> Willmy Consult & Content GmbH:                 www.willmycc.de

therefore the TH1 could only span one column. But: What if you put the TH1 into the page header
and let it span there?

> Regards,
>
> Georg Datterl
>
> ------ Kontakt ------