From "Steffanina, Jeff" <Jeff.Steffan...@marriott.com>
Subject Placing the minus sign(-) to the RIGHT side of the number
Date Wed, 01 Sep 2010 14:03:26 GMT
I am using FOP to produce an invoice in a .PDF.   Everything works.
However, when a negative number is produced in my right justified table
column, the minus sign causes the decimal point to be mis-aligned.
I found the "format-number" function and this addresses the problem.
Now the issue is that my system generates a negative value in the form
of:
     233.94-
(the minus sign is always to the right of the value)  This cannot be
changed.   When I submit the value to "format-number", it returns a
"NaN" error.

select="format-number(inv-amt,'##,###.00;#####.00-')"

In summary, I need to produce a column of numbers, right justified, some
of the values are negative with the minus sign to the right.  At the
same time, the vertical alignment of the decimal point is required.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Jeff