From Chris Bowditch <bowditch_ch...@hotmail.com>
Subject [No Subject]
Date Tue, 21 Sep 2010 14:33:03 GMT

Martin Edge wrote:
> Hey Guys,

Hi Martin,

<snip/>

> Up till now, this has served me well, and larger commercial printers have no
> quams in dealing with the output. However, today, whilst trying to print on
> our FujiXerox ApeosPort 650I (I'd say a SME sized printer) - the duplex
> functions were not working correctly.
>
> This turned out to be because the printer is finicky enough to have a
> problem if on the reverse side of a duplex set, the PageSize is defined, it
> ignores the request completely. I found if I remove the offending Page Size
> (and other codes I may have added), the process works.

Actually this problem is not only limited to the Printer model you mention. I have encountered
this behaviour on about 50% of all PS Printers. To solve this problem we added an option to
FOP to only put entries into the pagedevice dictionary, such as the /PageSize entry, when
they change. This option is rather cryptically named dsc-compliant. If you add the following
element to the PS Renderer section of fop.xconf you should find that duplex starts working
again!

<dsc-compliant>false</dsc-compliant>

Thanks,

Chris