Adding force-page-count=”no-force” to the fo:page-sequence element should fix the problem.

Eric Amick   Systems Engineer II

Legislative Computer Systems

From: Steffanina, Jeff [mailto:Jeff.Steffanina@marriott.com]
Sent: Tuesday, September 14, 2010 8:18
To: fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org
Subject: Reset Page Number Causes Blank Page to Print

I receive a single, large XML invoice file. A single file contains multiple invoices of varying length. When the XML contains only ONE invoice my page numbering works fine.  However, when I have multiple invoices in a single file, I need to reset the page number back to one (1) for each new invoice.  I do this using the following:

<xsl:for-each select="statements/statement/detail">
  <fo:page-sequence master-reference="multi"    initial-page-number="1">
    <fo:static-content flow-name="xsl-region-before"
         font-size="9pt" white-space-collapse="false"
         white-space-treatment="preserve">

This causes the page numbering to restart at page one BUT it also causes an additonal page to print with a blank body.  How do I prevent the additional page from printing?