From Todd Hivnor <spambox_98...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Fixed table layout, fixed row height, not getting expected row height
Date Thu, 03 Nov 2011 21:47:29 GMT
>> I'm upgrading from FOP v0.20 to v1.0. My fixed sized tables are
coming out a different sized than before. I'm confused about why.

>> In the code below, I have a table-row with height=100px. The
table-cells have 20px of padding. I end up using 140px of height,
>> not
100px as I requested with <fo:table-row height='100px'> It seems
that my padding is adding to the row-height, which wasn't happening
before.

> Yes, that is the expected behaviour, according to XSL-FO REC (see REC
> 4.2.2 and 4.2.3 at [1] and [2])

> current FOP is more compliant against FO-REC than the (very) old FOP
> 0.2x versions
>
> [1] http://www.w3.org/TR/xsl/#area-common
> [2] http://www.w3.org/TR/xsl/#area-geo

Ouch. I was afraid of that.

Thanks for the reality check, now I know what I need to fix.

 - Todd