From Alexios Giotis <alex.gio...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Multi threading problems with FOP 1.0
Date Wed, 23 Nov 2011 13:09:16 GMT
Hi,

As you wrote, the problem occurs during the transformation of XML + XSLT to XSL:FO and therefore
this is not related to Apache FOP. I had a similar issue some years ago and the problem was
a concurrency issue inside Xalan. Try upgrading to Xalan 2.7.1 were this was definitely fixed.
Note that Xalan may also be loaded from the 'endorsed' directory of application servers.

Having said that, there are indeed a few concurrency issues in Apache 1.0 which are fixed
in FOP trunk. They don't seem to be related to this but if you have many threads running ,
I am sure you will sooner or later encounter them. If this does not solve the problem, then
explaining or attaching code on how you use Apache FOP will help.

Alexis

On Nov 23, 2011, at 2:44 PM, Klearchos Klearchou wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I found this link related to SVG: http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/trunk/graphics.html#svg
> based on that I use this:
> <fo:external-graphic src="url('{$link}')"  content-width="scale-to-fit" width="20mm"
/>

> The link is an absolute path to a JPEG file.
>
> This erroneous behaviour happens not only at the URI of the image but in other places.
> For example I have hard-coded in my XSLT the following '8pt' and the generated FO contains
the problematic 'pt8pt'.
> I print the whole FO when an error happens in order to check it.
>
> Please let me know if you need more information.
>
> Regards,
> Klearchos
>

> On 11/23/2011 2:18 PM, Peter Coppens wrote:
>> Hello
>>
>> I have similar things but as far I can remember this was always related to svg as
part of an fo stylesheet.

>> I should/could dive into the mail archives (and perhaps) bugzilla to refresh my memory,
as I remember there were discussion on this, but perhaps you can indicate whether you are
using svg at all in your fo?

>> Peter
>>

>> On 23 Nov 2011, at 12:12, Klearchos Klearchou wrote:
>>
>>> Dear FOP users,
>>>
>>> I am using the FOP version 1.0 under Windows x64.
>>> Lately I have integrated JPPF in order to regenerate my PDFs faster and I experience
the followings strange errors.

>>> For example inside the XSLT I place 8pt but the error in the console outputs
(pt8pt):
>>> [ERROR][org.apache.fop.fo.properties.PropertyMaker.convert(148)]: Unknown length
unit 'pt8pt'

>>> This kind of behaviour happens at other places as well:
>>> [ERROR][org.apache.fop.apps.FOUserAgent.processEvent(82)]: Invalid property value
encountered in color="whitewhite": org.apache.fop.fo.expr.PropertyException: null:56:15: No
conversion defined whitewhite; property:'color' (See position 57:85)
>>> Only white at the XSLT.
>>>
>>> [ERROR][org.apache.fop.apps.FOUserAgent.processEvent(82)]: Invalid property value
encountered in background-color="#6777cf#6777cf": org.apache.fop.fo.expr.PropertyException:
null:56:15: No conversion defined #6777cf#6777cf; property:'background-color' (See position
57:100)

>>> [ERROR][org.apache.fop.apps.FopFactory.resolveURI(755)]: Attempt to resolve URI
'F:\JPF:\JPPF\Node1\resources\images\na_b.gif')' failed:
>>> Here the URI is given correctly at the XSLT processor: F:\JPPF\Node1\resources\images....
>>>
>>> These kind of errors continue.
>>>
>>> Any pointer would be really helpful.
>>> I am considering using the trunk version as well in order to close some other
reported and patched bugs of FOP 1.0