From Klearchos Klearchou <klearchos.klearc...@eurodyn.com>
Subject Re: Multi threading problems with FOP 1.0
Date Wed, 23 Nov 2011 14:24:46 GMT
Hi Alexi,

thank you for your answer.
It seems that with the 2.7.1 these kind of problems disappear.
It seems that this is the solution for the problem!

I tried to use the FOP trunk as well but I receive the following error:
[ERROR][org.apache.fop.apps.FOUserAgent.processEvent(83)]: Invalid
property value encountered in
src="url('D:\java\JPPF-2.5-node\resources\images\false_alerts\image.jpg')":
org.apache.fop.fo.expr.PropertyException: Invalid URI specified (See
position 57:143)
org.apache.fop.fo.expr.PropertyException: Invalid URI specified
     at
org.apache.fop.fo.properties.URIProperty$Maker.make(URIProperty.java:141)
     at
org.apache.fop.fo.PropertyList.convertAttributeToProperty(PropertyList.java:409)
     at
org.apache.fop.fo.PropertyList.addAttributesToList(PropertyList.java:317)
     at org.apache.fop.fo.FObj.processNode(FObj.java:120)
     at
org.apache.fop.fo.FOTreeBuilder$MainFOHandler.startElement(FOTreeBuilder.java:282)
     at org.apache.fop.fo.FOTreeBuilder.startElement(FOTreeBuilder.java:171)
     at org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.startElement(Unknown
Source)
     at
org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractXMLDocumentParser.emptyElement(Unknown
Source)
     at
org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLNSDocumentScannerImpl.scanStartElement(Unknown
Source)
     at

Source)
     at
Source)
     at org.apache.xerces.jaxp.SAXParserImpl$JAXPSAXParser.parse(Unknown
Source)
     at test.package.CreatePDFTask.convertFO2PDF(CreatePDFTask.java:291)

It reminds me an issue that I have seen yesterday at FOP's bugzilla.

Have you encountered this error as well?

Regards,
Klearchos

On 11/23/2011 3:09 PM, Alexios Giotis wrote:
> Hi,
>
> As you wrote, the problem occurs during the transformation of XML + XSLT to XSL:FO and
therefore this is not related to Apache FOP. I had a similar issue some years ago and the
problem was a concurrency issue inside Xalan. Try upgrading to Xalan 2.7.1 were this was definitely
fixed. Note that Xalan may also be loaded from the 'endorsed' directory of application servers.

> Having said that, there are indeed a few concurrency issues in Apache 1.0 which are fixed
in FOP trunk. They don't seem to be related to this but if you have many threads running ,
I am sure you will sooner or later encounter them. If this does not solve the problem, then
explaining or attaching code on how you use Apache FOP will help.

> Alexis
>

> On Nov 23, 2011, at 2:44 PM, Klearchos Klearchou wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I found this link related to SVG: http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/trunk/graphics.html#svg
>> based on that I use this:
>> <fo:external-graphic src="url('{$link}')"  content-width="scale-to-fit" width="20mm"
/>

>> The link is an absolute path to a JPEG file.
>>
>> This erroneous behaviour happens not only at the URI of the image but in other places.
>> For example I have hard-coded in my XSLT the following '8pt' and the generated FO
contains the problematic 'pt8pt'.
>> I print the whole FO when an error happens in order to check it.
>>
>> Please let me know if you need more information.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Klearchos
>>

>> On 11/23/2011 2:18 PM, Peter Coppens wrote:
>>> Hello
>>>
>>> I have similar things but as far I can remember this was always related to svg
as part of an fo stylesheet.

>>> I should/could dive into the mail archives (and perhaps) bugzilla to refresh
my memory, as I remember there were discussion on this, but perhaps you can indicate whether
you are using svg at all in your fo?

>>> Peter

experience the followings strange errors.

value encountered in color="whitewhite": org.apache.fop.fo.expr.PropertyException: null:56:15:
No conversion defined whitewhite; property:'color' (See position 57:85)

value encountered in background-color="#6777cf#6777cf": org.apache.fop.fo.expr.PropertyException:
null:56:15: No conversion defined #6777cf#6777cf; property:'background-color' (See position
57:100)

URI 'F:\JPF:\JPPF\Node1\resources\images\na_b.gif')' failed:

reported and patched bugs of FOP 1.0