From Alexios Giotis <alex.gio...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Multi threading problems with FOP 1.0
Date Wed, 23 Nov 2011 15:01:17 GMT
Hi Klearche,

Nice to know it worked.  The stacktrace is not related to multi-threading and it is a good
practice to post in a new thread.

The specified URL, violates RFC 2396, see java.net.URI

Under Win32, the colon of absolute pathnames after the disk letter makes the resolver treat
it as a protocol name. Better use a full file URI such as url('file:/D:/path/to/image.jpg')

Alexis

On Nov 23, 2011, at 4:24 PM, Klearchos Klearchou wrote:

> Hi Alexi,
>
> thank you for your answer.
> It seems that with the 2.7.1 these kind of problems disappear.
> It seems that this is the solution for the problem!
>
> I tried to use the FOP trunk as well but I receive the following error:
> [ERROR][org.apache.fop.apps.FOUserAgent.processEvent(83)]: Invalid property value encountered
in src="url('D:\java\JPPF-2.5-node\resources\images\false_alerts\image.jpg')": org.apache.fop.fo.expr.PropertyException:
Invalid URI specified (See position 57:143)
> org.apache.fop.fo.expr.PropertyException: Invalid URI specified
>    at org.apache.fop.fo.properties.URIProperty$Maker.make(URIProperty.java:141)
>    at org.apache.fop.fo.PropertyList.convertAttributeToProperty(PropertyList.java:409)
>    at org.apache.fop.fo.PropertyList.addAttributesToList(PropertyList.java:317)
>    at org.apache.fop.fo.FObj.processNode(FObj.java:120)
>    at org.apache.fop.fo.FOTreeBuilder$MainFOHandler.startElement(FOTreeBuilder.java:282)
>    at org.apache.fop.fo.FOTreeBuilder.startElement(FOTreeBuilder.java:171)
>    at org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.startElement(Unknown Source)
>    at org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractXMLDocumentParser.emptyElement(Unknown Source)
>    at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLNSDocumentScannerImpl.scanStartElement(Unknown Source)
>    at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl$FragmentContentDispatcher.dispatch(Unknown
Source)
>    at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanDocument(Unknown Source)
>    at org.apache.xerces.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(Unknown Source)
>    at org.apache.xerces.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(Unknown Source)
>    at org.apache.xerces.parsers.XMLParser.parse(Unknown Source)
>    at org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(Unknown Source)
>    at org.apache.xerces.jaxp.SAXParserImpl$JAXPSAXParser.parse(Unknown Source)
>    at javax.xml.parsers.SAXParser.parse(SAXParser.java:395)
>    at javax.xml.parsers.SAXParser.parse(SAXParser.java:198)
>    at test.package.CreatePDFTask.convertFO2PDF(CreatePDFTask.java:291)
>

> It reminds me an issue that I have seen yesterday at FOP's bugzilla.
>
> Have you encountered this error as well?
>
> Regards,
> Klearchos
>

> On 11/23/2011 3:09 PM, Alexios Giotis wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> As you wrote, the problem occurs during the transformation of XML + XSLT to XSL:FO
and therefore this is not related to Apache FOP. I had a similar issue some years ago and
the problem was a concurrency issue inside Xalan. Try upgrading to Xalan 2.7.1 were this was
definitely fixed. Note that Xalan may also be loaded from the 'endorsed' directory of application
servers.

>> Having said that, there are indeed a few concurrency issues in Apache 1.0 which are
fixed in FOP trunk. They don't seem to be related to this but if you have many threads running
, I am sure you will sooner or later encounter them. If this does not solve the problem, then
explaining or attaching code on how you use Apache FOP will help.

>> Alexis
>>

>> On Nov 23, 2011, at 2:44 PM, Klearchos Klearchou wrote:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I found this link related to SVG: http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/trunk/graphics.html#svg
>>> based on that I use this:
>>> <fo:external-graphic src="url('{$link}')"  content-width="scale-to-fit" width="20mm"
/>

>>> The link is an absolute path to a JPEG file.
>>>
>>> This erroneous behaviour happens not only at the URI of the image but in other
places.
>>> For example I have hard-coded in my XSLT the following '8pt' and the generated
FO contains the problematic 'pt8pt'.
>>> I print the whole FO when an error happens in order to check it.
>>>
>>> Please let me know if you need more information.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Klearchos

svg as part of an fo stylesheet.

my memory, as I remember there were discussion on this, but perhaps you can indicate whether
you are using svg at all in your fo?

I experience the followings strange errors.

value encountered in color="whitewhite": org.apache.fop.fo.expr.PropertyException: null:56:15:
No conversion defined whitewhite; property:'color' (See position 57:85)

value encountered in background-color="#6777cf#6777cf": org.apache.fop.fo.expr.PropertyException:
null:56:15: No conversion defined #6777cf#6777cf; property:'background-color' (See position
57:100)

URI 'F:\JPF:\JPPF\Node1\resources\images\na_b.gif')' failed:

other reported and patched bugs of FOP 1.0