From Roland Neilands <rneila...@pulsemining.com.au>
Subject RE: xml processing instructions in textual content
Date Thu, 23 Feb 2012 01:00:24 GMT
As far as an XML parser is concerned you have 3 nodes within the “para” element; two separate
text nodes with the PI in between them.
Your XSL would need to string both text nodes together instead of just showing the first one.
I’m a bit rusty on this sorry, but there should be a couple of ways to do it.

Cheers,
Roland

From: Craig Christophersen [mailto:craigch@synesis7.com]
Sent: Thursday, 23 February 2012 11:17 AM
To: fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org
Subject: RE: xml processing instructions in textual content

Sorry, meant to add.  I think the expected behavior in textual content would be to be able
to  ignore the processing instruction.  It seems to be ignored if it occurs in places other
than textual content..
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<example>
  <para> text con<?Pub Caret?>tent here </para><?Pub Caret?>
<para>more  text content here </para>
</example>
The second instance of <?Pub Caret?> above is ignored.