From Angelo zerr <angelo.z...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Generating a PDF by drawing to PDFDocumentGraphics2D
Date Mon, 20 Feb 2012 20:03:57 GMT
Hi Konstantin,

Your feature about creating PDF Document with Java code
PDFDocumentGraphics2D (and without XML-FO), is exactly what we need in
XDocReport <http://code.google.com/p/xdocreport/>  for our converter
Docx->PDF<http://code.google.com/p/xdocreport/wiki/XWPFConverterPDFViaIText>and
ODT->PDF<http://code.google.com/p/xdocreport/wiki/ODFDOMConverterPDFViaIText>wich
works with iText. We wish to give our code to Apache but problem is
iText. So we need create PDF Document
with Java code PDFDocumentGraphics2D.

I have tried to investiage to manage that (have a generic structured
document which generate PDF Document with PDFDocumentGraphics2D ) but it's
very very hard to code
because of layout management. I'm waiting for developer which are
interested to create a generic document like iText and I will  be happy if
we can share our skill (or perhaps working in the same project?)

Regards Angelo