From Rob Sargent <rsarg...@xmission.com>
Subject Re: Inter-cell lines no longer "spurious" pdf viewer problem? RESOLVED
Date Thu, 08 Nov 2012 17:40:12 GMT
We use iText as well as FOP in producing our printable product.  Some
pages get a black background from iText (certain graphics look better
that way). When the black background is under the sidebar (as made with
the referenced sidebar.fo) the nuisance-some inter-cell lines expose the
black underlay. (Our fix is to not put the black under the sidebar.)

In the original thread Jeremias Maerki wrote

    I suspect it's once
    more Adobe's anti-aliasing to be blamed. And this won't show up in
    print,
    BTW. To get rid of this on display, go to Acrobat's Preferences Dialog,
    select "Page Display" and enable "Enhance Thin Lines" (AR X) or disable
    "Smooth line Art". You may have to disable "Use 2D graphics
    acceleration",
    too. Nothing FOP can do at the moment. I've recently explained on this
    list what would need to be done to work around "Adobe's problem".

Since there is a path whereon they do show up in print, I wonder if this
suggested work-around should be revisited? It's not clear to me that
this is still out of FOP's hands?

Thank you for your indulgence,

rjs