From "Terence M. Bandoian" <tere...@tmbsw.com>
Subject Re: How get fixed width for inline FO ?
Date Fri, 01 Feb 2013 11:41:15 GMT
On 2/1/2013 2:37 AM, Steve Fogel wrote:
> Hi, all..
>
> I'd like to specify a fixed width for an inline FO with FOP 1.1. It's in a List of Tables
in the front matter of a book. For each table in the list, table number area should be fixed
width followed by table title.

> I tried this (simplified):
>
> <fo:block start-indent="3.5em">
> 	<fo:basic-link internal-destination="unique_id_24">
> 		<fo:inline inline-progression-dimension="6em">4-5</fo:inline>Summary of
Commands
>        </fo:basic-link>
> </fo:block>
>
> I also tried using just the width property instead of inline-progression-dimension.
>
> Neither worked. Can someone help?
>
> Thx
>
> Steve

Hi, Steve-

I don't remember all the details but I did something like this when I
needed fixed horizontal widths in the footer of a document:

<fo:list-block
     provisional-distance-between-starts="2.6in"
     provisional-label-separation="0">
<fo:list-item>

<fo:list-item-label end-indent="label-end()">
<fo:block></fo:block>
</fo:list-item-label>

<fo:list-item-body start-indent="body-start()">
<fo:block></fo:block>
</fo:list-item-body>

</fo:list-item>
</fo:list-block>