From "Tom Morrison" <...@hillcountrysoftware.com>
Subject RE: Exception trown on SVG instream-foreign-object
Date Sun, 09 Jun 2013 11:29:10 GMT
Ok, a very thorough cleaning and reinstall has the examples working again.
Not exactly sure what caused the problem, but it is gone.

Tom Morrison
Hill Country Software

-----Original Message-----
From: Tom Morrison [mailto:tom@hillcountrysoftware.com]
Sent: Saturday, June 08, 2013 11:31 AM
To: fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org
Subject: Exception trown on SVG instream-foreign-object

I have encountered an obstacle to using SVG embedded graphics.  I have been
able to reproduce the problem using the embedded.fo example.  Certainly this
is some sort of environmental issue.  I have done a lot of searching for an
answer, but without a good result.

The attached text documents the command line (running Windows 8), as well as
the console output describing the exception.  Several exceptions were
thrown, all apparently the same, but the number of exceptions does not match
the number of instream-foreign-objects.  (My attachment shows the output for
one exception.)  No PDF document is produced.

I have used FOP a bit before, so I am not a novice, but this one has me
stumped.  A thread on the batik user mailing list had me playing with
namespaces in the example, but that does not seem to be the issue.  I still
presume that the SVG examples all worked upon release.

Please help.

Tom Morrison
Hill Country Software