From chandone <echan...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: reduce size of PDF generated with FOP
Date Tue, 11 Jun 2013 15:02:23 GMT
I'm sorry that I don't follow this post up on a more regular basis but I've
been pretty busy with other stuff here at work.
Fonts are indeed embedded more than once in merged PDFs. I'm going to look
into it, maybe try and merge them a different way.
As for the individual PDFs, I managed to reduce their size by a considerable
amount by dividing the resolution of images by a factor of 2: 150 dpi
instead of 300 dpi do the trick. The files are still bigger than the ones
generated by FrameMaker (76 KB) but 160 KB is still better than 380 KB. Such
a resolution is not satisfactory for printing but is good enough for an
on-screen viewing.
I should be able to provide you with sample PDFs at the end of the week.