From Nicolas Dubien <...@dubien.org>
Subject Apache FOP: Using user-defined functions?
Date Thu, 27 Jun 2013 10:02:35 GMT
Dear Sir or Madam,

I am looking for an XLS-FO engine that can fit with my current
architecture. I am already using other engines which are based on
other technologies - not-XSL-FO. In our current architecture we are
using user-defined functions to add our proper features to the engine.

As a matter of fact, I was wondering if it is possible to integrate
user-defined functions in my XSL-FO templates and define them in Java.
Then your engine will call my Java function if necessary. I did not
find any solutions to do this on your website.

Here are examples of functions I would like to be able to call from
your engine during the generation:
 * getResourceUrl("my resource name")
 * ChangeCase($first_name_from_
xml, "Upper")
 * GetId($first_name_from_xml, $last_name_from_xml)

One of the engines I am using for the moment is FreeMarker, it has
this feature. It allows developers to wrap their own objects and send
them to their engine.
cf. http://freemarker.sourceforge.net/docs/api/freemarker/template/Template.html#process%28java.lang.Object,%20java.io.Writer,%20freemarker.template.ObjectWrapper%29

I am looking forward to hearing from you,
Nicolas DUBIEN