From Maruan Sahyoun <sahy...@fileaffairs.de>
Subject Re: reduce size of PDF generated with FOP
Date Tue, 04 Jun 2013 16:23:35 GMT
I'd second Luis assumption but having a PDF for further analysis would be good. Feel free to
open a case at PDFBox - I'll look into it.

BR
Maruan

Am 04.06.2013 um 11:27 schrieb Luis Bernardo <lmpmbernardo@gmail.com>:

> Very likely the pdfbox merge utility does not merge the fonts used in the documents.
So if you have the same font used in two documents the font will be embedded twice in the
merged document. If you have many fonts the size can grow considerably.

> If you think the difference in size in the individual PDFs is an issue send us a sample
example to that we can investigate the reason for the difference.