From Pascal Sancho <psancho....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Problem with FOP, Barcode4J and AreaTreeModel
Date Wed, 04 Dec 2013 08:25:10 GMT
Hi,

did you ask on Saxon mailing list at [1]?
That should be the right place for such question.
The NPE is thrown during Saxon stage.
Then FOP stage runs after the Saxon one (as it takes XSL-FO as input).

2013/12/3 Michael Mest <michael.mest@gmx.de>:
> Hi @all.
>
> At first, i want to introduce me. I'm Michael from germany and i'm working as software
developer.

> At the moment, we are in a project which include producing barcodes.
>
> We are using barcode4j in combination with FOP Ver. 1.1 in a WebApplication hosted in
a apache tomcat environment.

> Everything worked fine with creating files including the barcode until we got a new feature
request. because of this feature request, we are not able to produce PDF-Files ans more. Instead,
we have to produce pcl-files.

> Because of the measurement differences between pdf and pcl, we decides to produce an
AreaTree file first with overriding the renderer.
> So the measurment is done in PDF-Style and after that, we convert the AreaTree-File to
a PCL-File.

> The problem is that we cannot produce the AreaTree file using saxon. Everything works
fine when whe use xalan, but wit saxon, we get a NullPointerException inside the Methode "getNameCode"
in Class "net.sf.saxon.event.ReceivingContentHandler"

> The Namespace-URI seems to be Null!
>
> The Code-Snippet inside the FO-File is:
> <barcode:barcode xmlns:barcode="http://barcode4j.krysalis.org/ns" orientation="90"
message="440180">
> <barcode:intl2of5>
> <barcode:height>10mm</barcode:height>
> <barcode:module-width>0.5mm</barcode:module-width>
> <barcode:wide-factor>3.0</barcode:wide-factor>
> <barcode:quiet-zone enabled="true">10mw
> </barcode:quiet-zone>
> <barcode:checksum>auto</barcode:checksum>
> <barcode:human-readable>
> <barcode:placement>none</barcode:placement>
> <barcode:display-checksum>false</barcode:display-checksum>
> </barcode:human-readable>
> </barcode:intl2of5>
> </barcode:barcode>
>
> Can anyone tell me what's wrong with it?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Michael

pascal