From Valentina Cupac <valentina.cu...@tp.rs>
Subject Re: Tiff image - color distortion
Date Wed, 29 Jan 2014 15:11:52 GMT
The following is the image data, obtained with
http://www.awaresystems.be/imaging/tiff/astifftagviewer.html

PART A. Tiff data

1. Original tiff data of Tiff image exported from LeadTools

SubFileType (1 Long): Zero
ImageWidth (1 Long): 1396
ImageLength (1 Long): 460
BitsPerSample (1 Short): 16
Compression (1 Short): Uncompressed
Photometric (1 Short): MinIsBlack
StripOffsets (2 Long): 238, 1047238
Orientation (1 Short): TopLeft
SamplesPerPixel (1 Short): 1
RowsPerStrip (1 Long): 375
StripByteCounts (2 Long): 1047000, 237320
PlanarConfig (1 Short): Contig
PageNumber (2 Short): 0, 0

2. Tiff data when LeadTools image is opened in Paint.NET, then did Save as
in Paint.NET

SubFileType (1 Long): Zero
ImageWidth (1 Long): 1396
ImageLength (1 Long): 460
BitsPerSample (4 Short): 8, 8, 8, 8
Compression (1 Short): LZW
Photometric (1 Short): RGB
StripOffsets (1 Long): 8
SamplesPerPixel (1 Short): 4
RowsPerStrip (1 Long): 460
StripByteCounts (1 Long): 1015503
XResolution (1 Rational): 96
YResolution (1 Rational): 96
PlanarConfig (1 Short): Contig
ResolutionUnit (1 Short): Inch
PageNumber (2 Short): 0, 0
Software (18 ASCII): Paint.NET v3.5.10
Predictor (1 Short): 2
ExtraSamples (1 Short): 2

3. Tiff data when LeadTools image is opened in ImageJ, then did Save as
from Image J.

SubFileType (1 Long): Zero
ImageWidth (1 Long): 1396
ImageLength (1 Long): 460
BitsPerSample (1 Short): 16
Photometric (1 Short): MinIsBlack
ImageDescription (34 ASCII): ImageJ=1.47v min=0.0 max=65535.0
StripOffsets (1 Long): 168
SamplesPerPixel (1 Short): 1
RowsPerStrip (1 Short): 460
StripByteCounts (1 Long): 1284320

===============================

PART B. Effects

Within the Windows image viewer program, all those images appear the same.

However, when generating pdf with FOP, this is what happens:
* Image [1] renders incorrectly
* Image [2] renders correctly *****
* Image [3] renders incorrectly

Also I have these settings:

  <image-loading>
    <penalty value="-1000"
class="org.apache.xmlgraphics.image.loader.impl.imageio.ImageLoaderImageIO"/>
    <penalty value="INFINITE"
class="org.apache.xmlgraphics.image.loader.impl.ImageLoaderRawCCITTFax"/>
  </image-loading>

So this means it's using the default Java image loader as far as I know.

2014-01-29 Luis Bernardo <lmpmbernardo@gmail.com>