From Valentina <valent...@tp.rs>
Subject Tiff image - color distortion
Date Tue, 28 Jan 2014 17:12:42 GMT
Hi I am including Tiff image in Pdf output.

The problem is that it is not rendering the image correctly. For example,
the original Tiff image has much stronger contrast (i.e. some very dark
sections, some very light sections), whilst the pdf output image appears
more greyish and noisy.

Is this a known issue?

Also I looked here:
http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/1.1/graphics.html#tiff

"FOP can embed TIFF images without decompression into PDF, PostScript and
AFP if they have either CCITT T.4, CCITT T.6, or JPEG compression.
Otherwise, a TIFF-capable Image I/O codec is necessary for decoding the
image.

There may be some limitation concerning images in the CMYK color space."

Could someone explain the meaning of those sentences. Thanks.