From Normen <n.ruh...@alphasoft.biz>
Subject Greek Characters in Postscript Output
Date Fri, 16 May 2014 11:17:24 GMT
Hello User Group,

we are currently in the process of porting our 0.20.5 FOP embed up to a more
actual version 1.0/1.1 and wanted to aim for Postscript Output (currently we
use the Java Renderer to print).

So before we used TrueTpe Fonts enabling us to use i.e. alpha and omega
characters in one standard font, i.e. Arial.

Now with postscript, as far as i understand it, we can only use single-byte
character encoded fonts, so we have a massively limited array of characters
in comparison to True Type fonts.

Do you have any solution to such a problem? We need to use Arial (could
substitute with Base-14 Helvetica) and Verdana (or a lookalike).

How would we achieve a font enabling these special characters?

Thank you a lot in advance for any clues ou could give me.

Best Regards

Normen