From "Terence M. Bandoian" <tere...@tmbsw.com>
Subject Re: preserving a trailing space in inline
Date Tue, 20 May 2014 01:44:13 GMT
On 5/19/2014 8:15 PM, Jason Harrop wrote:
> Hi, in the following FO, I'm losing the space between the word "page"
> and page-number-citation-last.

>                  <block>
>                    <inline font-size="8.5pt">
>                      <inline font-family="Calibri" >Page No:  </inline>
>                    </inline>
>                    <page-number font-size="10.0pt"/>
>                    <inline font-size="10.0pt">
>                      <inline font-family="Calibri" > </inline>
>                      <inline font-family="Calibri" >of </inline>
>                    </inline>
>                    <page-number-citation-last font-size="10.0pt"
> ref-id="section_s1"/>
>                  </block>
>
> I've tried various permutations and combinations of
> white-space-collapse, white-space-treatment, and even
> white-space="pre", but to no avail.
>
> Could someone please suggest what ought to work?
>
> I'm using FOP 1.1.  Thanks .. Jason

Hi, Jason-

I did something very similar using FOP 1.0 to generate PDF files. The
XSL-FO I used looked like this:

<fo:block>
     Page <fo:page-number /> of
     <fo:page-number-citation-last ref-id="pageSequence" />
</fo:block>

The biggest difference I see is that I didn't use any inline objects.

-Terence Bandoian