From Chris Bowditch <bowditch_ch...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: replace commons logging with slf4j
Date Wed, 21 May 2014 15:51:47 GMT
Hi Jason,

Understood, but there have many other logging frameworks that supposedly
offered the same thing. Commons Logging for example can handle JDK
logging and log4j. S:F4J is newer than commons-logging, but other than
that I see no compelling reason to move to it. Before changing the
logging framework used by FOP we would want to evaluate a wide set of
logging frameworks before picking one. AFAIK, No one within the
committer team is currently looking at that.

Thanks,

Chris