From Pascal Sancho <psancho....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: preserving a trailing space in inline
Date Tue, 20 May 2014 08:20:41 GMT
Hi,

I've done further checks with your snippet.

The behaviour is definitively an issue when a
fo:page-number-citation-last (PNCL) comes after a fo:inline element
and no content comes after the PNCL.
Please, can you file in a bug entry in Jira, attaching short FO
snippet (the one I've extended from yours is OK) plus PDF output.

Fortunately, I've found a workaround:
Just add a character AFTER the PNCL element other than a regular white space.
The ZWSP (Zero Width SPace, AKA &#x200b;) will do the trick (see
attached snippet).

> Ooops, sorry, the space is lost after "of", so I'm getting:
>
>      of<last page no>
>
> Thanks for pointing that out Manuel!
>
> cheers .. Jason
>

> On Tue, May 20, 2014 at 1:56 PM, Manuel Mall <mm@arcus.com.au> wrote:
>> You other option might be to use a non breaking space (&#160;).
>>
>> Also your original description is a bit confusing as you said:
>>
>> " I'm losing the space between the word "page" and page-number-citation-last."
>>
>> According to your fo snippet there is no word "page" it looks more like
>>
>>         Page No: <current page no> of <last page no>
>>
>> So you should be able to clearly say where the 'space is lost'.
>>
>> Manuel

of the nested ones if it is these which are causing the problem.

>> I'll look into that, but it would still be useful to get confirmation as to which
of the whitespace attributes I should be using.