From chandone <echan...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
Date Thu, 03 Jul 2014 14:35:00 GMT
Hello,

This is an old thread but this problem is more newsworthy than ever. I'm
running FOP 1.1 (trunk didn't help either), my XSL-FO is only 500 KB large,
and /*only text!*/, I allocated 7(!)GB to my JVM on a 64 bits Windows 7 and
despite all that, FOP, after reeling in a long time, throws a
"java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space" exception when generating a
PDF.
Oh, and I just can't split my XSL-FO into several page-sequences, it's a
one-block text that doesn't allow page breaks. There aren't any page
references either.
So that's it. No workaround works and I'm stuck being unable to generate a
all-text PDF from a 500 KB XSL-FO with 7GB allocated memory.
Here is the stack, for what it's worth:

	at
org.apache.fop.layoutmgr.BreakingAlgorithm.createNode(BreakingAlgorithm.java:712)
	at
org.apache.fop.layoutmgr.BreakingAlgorithm.addBreaks(BreakingAlgorithm.java:1151)
	at
org.apache.fop.layoutmgr.BreakingAlgorithm.considerLegalBreak(BreakingAlgorithm.java:965)
	at
org.apache.fop.layoutmgr.BreakingAlgorithm.handlePenaltyAt(BreakingAlgorithm.java:818)
	at
org.apache.fop.layoutmgr.BreakingAlgorithm.handleElementAt(BreakingAlgorithm.java:754)
	at
org.apache.fop.layoutmgr.BreakingAlgorithm.findBreakingPoints(BreakingAlgorithm.java:553)
	at
org.apache.fop.layoutmgr.BreakingAlgorithm.findBreakingPoints(BreakingAlgorithm.java:503)
	at
org.apache.fop.layoutmgr.inline.LineLayoutManager.findOptimalBreakingPoints(LineLayoutManager.java:895)
	at
org.apache.fop.layoutmgr.inline.LineLayoutManager.createLineBreaks(LineLayoutManager.java:815)
	at
org.apache.fop.layoutmgr.inline.LineLayoutManager.getNextKnuthElements(LineLayoutManager.java:635)
	at
org.apache.fop.layoutmgr.BlockLayoutManager.getNextChildElements(BlockLayoutManager.java:141)
	at
org.apache.fop.layoutmgr.BlockStackingLayoutManager.getNextKnuthElements(BlockStackingLayoutManager.java:288)
	at
org.apache.fop.layoutmgr.BlockLayoutManager.getNextKnuthElements(BlockLayoutManager.java:113)
	at
org.apache.fop.layoutmgr.BlockLayoutManager.getNextKnuthElements(BlockLayoutManager.java:105)
	at
org.apache.fop.layoutmgr.BlockStackingLayoutManager.getNextChildElements(BlockStackingLayoutManager.java:497)
	at
org.apache.fop.layoutmgr.BlockStackingLayoutManager.getNextKnuthElements(BlockStackingLayoutManager.java:288)
	at
org.apache.fop.layoutmgr.BlockStackingLayoutManager.getNextKnuthElements(BlockStackingLayoutManager.java:238)
	at
org.apache.fop.layoutmgr.list.ListItemLayoutManager.getNextKnuthElements(ListItemLayoutManager.java:221)
	at
org.apache.fop.layoutmgr.BlockStackingLayoutManager.getNextChildElements(BlockStackingLayoutManager.java:497)
	at
org.apache.fop.layoutmgr.BlockStackingLayoutManager.getNextKnuthElements(BlockStackingLayoutManager.java:288)
	at
org.apache.fop.layoutmgr.BlockStackingLayoutManager.getNextKnuthElements(BlockStackingLayoutManager.java:238)
	at
org.apache.fop.layoutmgr.list.ListBlockLayoutManager.getNextKnuthElements(ListBlockLayoutManager.java:105)
[...]

Any help would be highly appreciated.
Cheers,

Erwann