From Andreas Argirakis <andreas.argira...@maindialog.se>
Subject Re: bug: fop crashes when using float and span="all"
Date Fri, 20 Mar 2015 15:34:06 GMT
OK, thanks for your reply. I've created a bug in Jira at
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FOP-2458

Best regards,
Andreas Argirakis

On 2015-03-19 23:22, Luis Bernardo wrote:

> Please create a bug in Jira. I think that span, like float does, may
> trigger a restart of the layout engine and the two restarts are not
> playing well together...
>
> On 3/19/15 5:01 PM, Andreas Argirakis wrote:
>> Hi.
>>
>> Using fop nightly 20150319 on Windows 7.
>>
>> Attached are three .fo files showing that a combination of using
>> fo:float and fo:block span="all" will sometimes crash fop.
>>
>> The file two-columns-with-float-and-two-blocks-and-span.fo will crash
>> fop with the following stack trace:
>>
>> SEVERE: Exception
>> org.apache.fop.apps.FOPException
>> java.lang.NullPointerException
>>         at
>> org.apache.fop.cli.InputHandler.transformTo(InputHandler.java:288)
>>         at
>> org.apache.fop.cli.InputHandler.renderTo(InputHandler.java:115)
>>         at org.apache.fop.cli.Main.startFOP(Main.java:186)
>>         at org.apache.fop.cli.Main.main(Main.java:217)
>>         at
>> org.apache.fop.layoutmgr.PageBreaker.redoLayout(PageBreaker.java:420)
>>         at
>> org.apache.fop.layoutmgr.PageBreaker.doPhase3(PageBreaker.java:329)
>>         at
>> org.apache.fop.layoutmgr.AbstractBreaker.doLayout(AbstractBreaker.java:427)
>>         at
>> org.apache.fop.layoutmgr.PageBreaker.doLayout(PageBreaker.java:112)
>>         at
>> <snip>
>>
>> If one block is removed as in the file
>> two-columns-with-float-and-one-block-and-span.fo a pdf can be
>> produced, however one block will not show up and the two-column block
>> will be cut.
>>
>> If the fo:float is removed as in two-columns-with-span.fo the
>> resulting outcome is as expected.
>>
>> Attached are minimal .fo files and pdfs.
>>
>> Best regards,
>> Andreas Argirakis
>>
>> Andreas Argirakis
>> Tel +46 31 15 04 90
>> Mob +46 733 41 44 26
>> Fax +46 31 15 04 09
>> andreas.argirakis@maindialog.se
>>
>> Main Dialog AB
>> Västra Hamngatan 12
>> SE-411 17 Göteborg
>> www.maindialog.s

Andreas Argirakis
Tel +46 31 15 04 90
Mob +46 733 41 44 26
Fax +46 31 15 04 09
andreas.argirakis@maindialog.se

Main Dialog AB
Västra Hamngatan 12
SE-411 17 Göteborg
www.maindialog.se

This e-mail and the information it contains may be privileged and/or
confidential. It is intended solely for the use of the named
recipient(s). If you are not the intended recipient you may not
disclose, copy, distribute or retain any part of this message or
attachments. If you have received this e-mail in error please notify the
sender immediately [by clicking 'Reply'] and delete this e-mail.