From Roberto Nunnari <r...@nunnari.net>
Subject Re: page number, but only if more than one page exists
Date Sun, 22 Mar 2015 21:43:46 GMT
On 22. 03. 15 17:30, Roberto Nunnari wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I need to change a servlet that generates a FO document and then
> transforms it into a pdf document. Unfortunately I know almost nothing
> about Formatting Objects. :-(
>
> At present the FO adds the page number on every page.
>
> I need to change it so that it adds the page number, but only if there
> are more than one page.
>
> fop version in use is very old.. 0.91beta and build-Id is from 20051223
>
> Any help very appreciated.
>
> Thank you and best regards.
> Robi

Hi.

I got a slightly better result than having only the number using
<page-number /> / <page-number-citation ref-id="last-page"/>

and adding an empty block at the end of the flow..
<block id="last-page"/>

It works.. and it's already better than having just the page number
because seeing also the total number of pages lets you know if you have
in your hands the whole document or not.. but it's not exactly what I
was asked to do..

Any hints on how to accomplish the original goal?
Thank you and best regards.
Robi